Spring Cloud ServicesMicroservices are becoming a software and organization pattern for delivering business value quickly. Spring Boot and Spring Cloud are a powerful combination for building modern microservices architectures that leverage industry tests technology like distributed configuration, services discovery, and circuit breakers.
The course leverages Spring Boot and Spring Cloud to solve the challenges associated with running a distributed, microservice-based architecture. Participants will also explore the value that a Platform-as-a-Service, such as Pivotal Cloud Foundry, adds in the microservices-based world.
- Basic understanding of Spring and/or completion of the Core Spring course
- Experience using Java
- Experience with Spring Boot and/or completion of the Spring Boot Developer course
- Why build Cloud Native apps?
- Cultural changes
- Organization changes
- Technical changes
- FOUNDRY PRIMER
- Building a simple Spring Boot App with Backing Database
- Deploying to Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- Cloud Native Design
- Overview of microservices
- Configuration management with Spring Cloud Config
- Service discovery with Spring Cloud Netflix Eureka
- Client side load balancing with Spring Cloud Netflix Ribbon
- Circuit breakers with Spring Cloud Netflix Hystrix
- Circuit breaker metric aggregation with spring cloud Netflix