OpenShift Enterprise Development
OpenShift Enterprise Development (DO290) is part of a series of courses that focus on using OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat® to automate a portion of the software delivery pipeline. The course immerses the student in a DevOps environment through the use of agile software development methodology, test-driven development, continuous integration, and a standard operating environment through the use of Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS).
Prerequisites for this course
Experience as a successful developer in one of the environments supported by OpenShift Enterprise—either Python, Ruby, or Java EE.
Have taken Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift (DO180) or have equivalent experience
- Introduce and review the course.
- Describe the developer's tools, agile practices, and deployment environment that will be utilized in this course.
- Become familiar with the course application architecture, features, and project layout.
- Describe the features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
- Define, build, and deploy an application on OpenShift Enterprise.
- Establish continuous integration with Jenkins.
- Control and maintain applications using the OpenShift Enterprise command line interface.
- Create deployments that utilize clustering, load balancing, and customized node scheduling.
- Use debugging and logs to troubleshoot problems with application performance or deployment issues.
- Create custom source image containers, templates, and builders.
- Practice the skills learned in this course.