Oracle Production Scheduling
This Oracle Production Scheduling training helps you build a foundation of knowledge to use Production Scheduling to build event driven resource constrained schedules. Production Scheduling will consider change overs, alternate resources, calendar events and resource loading when developing the schedule; the resulting schedule is then presented to you in both graphical and tabular format for review and fine tuning.
Overview to Value Chain Planning Suite
- Describe the Value Chain Planning Suite
- Describe Production Scheduling position in the VCP Suite
Production Scheduling Overview
- Production Scheduling business process.
- Production Scheduling features.
- Scheduling challenges
- Production Scheduling benefits.
- Understand How to Prepare a PS Model in Oracle E-Business Suite
Identifying Desktop Components
- Describe the menu bar
- Describe the toolbar.
- Describe the Model Workspace.
- Describe the Workbook
Understanding a Day of a Production Scheduler
Understanding Models and Data Editors
- Describe the difference between models and schedules.
- Describe data formats
- Identify model elements.
- Identify data editors.
- Describe resources.
- Define resources.
- Describe operations.
- Define operations.
- Describe routings.
- Define routings
Working with Data Editors
- Describe the calendar editor.
- Describe the changeover editor
- Describe the resource relationship editor.
- Describe the supply and demand editor.
- Describe the work order editor.
- Describe supply and demand reservations.
Setting Up Models and Schedules
- Set up scenario properties.
- Set up solver options.
Solving and Viewing Schedules
- Describe how to solve a scenario
- Describe schedule views.
- Understand ways to improve solve time and PS performance (Implementation tips).
Evaluating and Adjusting Schedules
- Describe how to evaluate schedules.
- Describe manual adjustments.
- Describe the publish process.
- Describe publish profiles
- Describe reports
Integrating Production Scheduling with Oracle E-Business Suite and JDE E1
- Describe Production Scheduling integration to Oracle EBS and JDE E1 via VCP
- Describe how to set up Production Scheduling integration.
- Describe the Advanced Supply Planning and the Production Scheduling business process flow.
- Create models.
- Create resources, operations, and routings.
- Evaluate, solve, adjust and publish schedules.
- Case Study